This is a fun verb game that your students will love. It's great for practicing the conjugation of the spelling-changing verbs such as acheter, amener, lever, promener in present tense. It is suitable for French 1 and 2 students.
1. Print the cards. Laminate them for durability.
2. Divide your students in groups of 2-4.
3. Distribute the cards. Each group should get a stack of 73 cards: 72 cards with verb forms and subjects + 1 mistigri card.
4. Students shuffle and deal all the cards.
5. Students sort through their cards, making as many pairs as possible and placing them face-up on the table in front of them.
6. Then students fan out their remaining cards, making sure nobody can see their cards.
7. Taking turns students draw one card from any student, trying to form a pair.
8. As they make pairs in their hand, they discard them immediately onto the table.
9. The objective of the game is to get rid of the cards as fast as possible. The student left holding the unmatched card, mistigri, loses.
NB: Mistigri is a French version of the game Old Maid or Odd One Out.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Merci beaucoup!