This activity pack contains 8 activities that can be used as review stations, learning activities, or warm ups.
1. Vocabulary Squares for Mitosis- students arrange tiles by matching vocabulary term with it's definition
2. Vocabulary Squares for Meiosis- students arrange tiles by matching vocabulary term with it's definition
3. Mitosis vs. Meiosis Compare/Contrast- students place description phrases in the correct section of the Venn Diagram
4. Cell Cycle Matching Vocab Race- students split into pairs and try to be the first to correctly match the vocab term with it's definition. 17 terms are used
5. Mitosis Memory Matching Game- 2 player game, where students place 12 cards face down, and take turns matching a picture of a somatic cell in one of the phases to it's description
6. Mitosis / Meiosis Checklist- Students determine whether the characteristic applies to mitosis, meiosis, or both by checking of the box
7.Cell Division Sorting Activity- students sort the cards by the cells stage of cell division. Includes written description of phases, as well as, illustrations of the phase, and onion root tip pictures.
8. Meiosis Labeling- students are given 8 illustrations of cells in meiosis and must label them with the correct phase