Also included in
- Five of my best-selling complete teaching bundles are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach complete and comprehensive units on cell$185.00$251.83Save $66.83
- This complete teaching unit on Cell Division includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Resources include an 83-slide PowerPoint presentation packed with colorful and interesting photographs and images, teacher notes, printable and digital student note$40.99$52.72Save $11.73
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so complete and detailed that it$525.00$951.13Save $426.13
Use this set of 3 printable or digital homework assignments or study guides on Cell Division to provide your students with quality homework assignments for your Mitosis and Meiosis lessons. This resource contains 13 student pages consisting of 152 questions. As I teach my unit on cell division, I assign a portion of these questions for homework each night. The completed homework assignments provide thorough study guides for the unit test. You can also use a few questions during class each day to check for student understanding of the concepts being taught.
Both printable and digital versions of this resource are included. The student handouts can be printed or used in the paperless digital format in your Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar. This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, 1:1 schools, or for distance learning.
What is included in your download folder?
- Printable and Editable Homework Assignments / Study Guides (Set of 3)
- Digital paperless versions (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive
- Teacher Guide and Answer Key
- Teacher guide for Google Apps Versions
This set of 3 homework assignments can be used with the cell division chapter of any biology textbook.
What material is covered by each assignment?
Homework Assignment #1: Introduction to Cell Division
- Limits to Cell Growth: Reasons why cells divide, surface area to volume ratio in cells. Students will calculate the surface area to volume ratio in cells and determine which cells are more efficient in moving materials across the cell membrane.
- Introduction to Cell Division: Definition, mother cells, daughter cells, replication, number of chromosomes in cells, mitosis, cytokinesis, chromatids, sister chromatids, centromeres.
- The Cell Cycle: Definition, five phases of the cell cycle, G1 phase, S phase, G2 phase, Mitosis, and Cytokinesis.
- Preparations for Cell Division: The events that occur during Interphase (G1 phase, S phase, G2 phase). Students will label structures of a cell that is in interphase.
Homework Assignment #2: Mitosis and Cytokinesis
- The Stages of Mitosis: Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase, and cytokinesis. Students will label structures of cells in each phase. The events of each phase are thoroughly covered.
- Special structures involved in cell division: Centrioles, mitotic spindle, microtubules, sister chromatids, centromeres.
- Cytokinesis in Plant and Animal Cells: Definition, cleavage furrow, and cell plate.
- The Importance and Result of Mitosis in Cells
- Regulation of the Cell Cycle: Frequency of cell division in different types of cells, G1 checkpoint, G2 checkpoint, mitosis checkpoint, the result of uncontrolled cell growth (cancer).
Homework Assignment #3: Meiosis and Sexual Reproduction
- Differences between asexual and sexual reproduction.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Sexual and Asexual Reproduction.
- Cell Division and Chromosome Number: Homologous chromosomes, diploid, haploid, chromosome number in gametes.
- Phases of Meiosis: The events of each phase are thoroughly covered.
- The Importance and Result of Meiosis in Cells
- Crossing Over During Meiosis: Definition, tetrads, exchange of genetic information, variation in the offspring.
- Comparison of the events of Mitosis and Meiosis
All answers are included in the very detailed 12 page teacher guide that is included with this product.
The questions are of varying difficulty levels. Question types include compare and contrast, fill in the blank, short answer, labeling, calculations, and true/false. Questions range from very basic to questions requiring problem solving and critical thinking
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: