Project Based Learning for Mitosis and Meiosis-
Learning goal for this activity
1. Students will compare the process of mitosis and meiosis
2. Students will understand what takes place during the various stages of Mitosis and Meiosis
3. Students will explain how meiosis results in sex cells.
4. Students will identify the basic structures and explain the functions that allow an organism to pass on genetic information.
Critical vocabulary you must address in your three products.
Asexual reproduction, binary fission, budding, cancer, cell cycle, chromosome, crossing over, cytokinesis, genetic variation, haploid, diploid, gametes, somatic cells, independent assortment, meiosis, mitosis, mutation, sexual reproduction
Possible materials needed
· Poster board or large white paper
· Materials from a board game
· Ruler for drawing (comic strips, etc.)
· Cell phone for video recording
Time frame - 2-3 Weeks