Products in this Bundle (13)
showing 1-5 of 13 products
Also included in
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so complete and detailed that it$525.00$951.13Save $426.13
This complete teaching unit on Cell Division includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Resources include an 83-slide PowerPoint presentation packed with colorful and interesting photographs and images, teacher notes, printable and digital student notes, labs, task cards, study guides, homework assignments, Jeopardy-style review games, crossword puzzles, quizzes, and a final unit test. Includes everything you need right at your fingertips for a complete unit on Mitosis and Meiosis.
From the engaging PowerPoint to the final unit test, this bundle contains loads of NO PREP materials that are ready to be used with your students. Many of the resources in this bundle are available in paperless digital formats for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar.
What is included in this bundle? ( Items marked with ** have both printable and digital versions.)
- Mitosis and Meiosis Powerpoint with Notes **
- Cell Division Task Cards **
- Lab: Kinetics of Cell Division - Mitosis
- Mitosis and Meiosis Simulation Lab with Pop Beads
- Surface Area to Volume Ratio in Cells Worksheet **
- Mitosis, Meiosis, Cell Division - Set of 3 Homework Assignments **
- Mitosis Quiz **
- Meiosis Quiz **
- Crossword Puzzle on Mitosis and Meiosis
- Lab: Mitosis in Plant and Animal Cells
- Mitosis and Cell Division Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
- Meiosis Jeopardy Review Game
- Mitosis and Meiosis Unit Test **
I have also included a Teacher Guide containing tips for implementation, suggestions for sequencing, and alignment to NGSS standards.
When appropriate, I have included each product as an editable Word document, and I have also included each product in pdf form.
All answers are included.
Topics covered include:
- Limits to Cell Growth: Reasons why cells divide, surface area to volume ratio in cells. Students will calculate the surface area to volume ratio in three cells and determine which cells are more efficient in moving materials across the cell membrane.
- Introduction to Cell Division: Definition, mother cells, daughter cells, replication, number of chromosomes in cells, mitosis, cytokinesis, chromatids, sister chromatids, centromeres.
- The Cell Cycle: Definition, five phases of the cell cycle, G1 phase, S phase, G2 phase, Mitosis, and Cytokinesis.
- Preparations for Cell Division: The events that occur during Interphase (G1 phase, S phase, G2 phase). Students will label structures of a cell that is in interphase.
- The Stages of Mitosis: Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase, and cytokinesis. Students will label structures of cells in each phase. The events of each phase are thoroughly covered.
- Special structures involved in cell division: Centrioles, mitotic spindle, microtubules, sister chromatids, centromeres.
- Cytokinesis in Plant and Animal Cells: Definition, cleavage furrow, and cell plate.
- The Importance and Result of Mitosis in Cells
- Regulation of the Cell Cycle: Frequency of cell division in different types of cells, G1 checkpoint, G2checkpoint, mitosis checkpoint, the result of uncontrolled cell growth (cancer).
- Differences between asexual and sexual reproduction.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Sexual and Asexual Reproduction.
- Cell Division and Chromosome Number: Homologous chromosomes, diploid, haploid, chromosome number in gametes.
- Phases of Meiosis: Students will label structures of cells in each phase. The events of each phase are thoroughly covered.
- The Importance and Result of Meiosis in Cells
- Crossing Over During Meiosis: Definition, tetrads, exchange of genetic information, variation in the offspring.
- Comparison of the events of Mitosis and Meiosis
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: