This Mitosis and Meiosis Power Point and Notes
package provides a visual approach to learning high school Biology content with over 65 slides PLUS 3 versions of differentiated notes
. The content is comprehensive enough to be used in place of a textbook if necessary, but since it’s editable, you can customize it to complement any text or other materials you are using by adding, removing, or rearranging slides.
This resource is also available in this Genetics Unit Bundle: Genetics PowerPoints, Notes, and Task Cards Bundle
or, if you're interested in Biology PowerPoints for the whole year, try this PowerPoints for Biology Bundle
And, take a look at my Mitosis and Meiosis Task Cards.
These are included in the Unit Bundle.
This download includes 8 files:
2. Mitosis and Meiosis PowerPoint that includes over 65 slides with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
You might also like:
Mitosis and Meiosis Review Qubes
Inheritance PowerPoint and Notes
DNA and Protein Synthesis PowerPoint and Notes
Inheritance in the Kolo Genetics Activity