Also included in
- Five of my best-selling complete teaching bundles are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach complete and comprehensive units on cell$185.00$251.83Save $66.83
- This complete teaching unit on Cell Division includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Resources include an 83-slide PowerPoint presentation packed with colorful and interesting photographs and images, teacher notes, printable and digital student note$40.99$52.72Save $11.73
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so complete and detailed that it$525.00$951.13Save $426.13
This PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student will ensure that your students master the concepts of cell division taught in a typical high school biology class. These 83 slides will captivate your students with stunning photos and diagrams to provide an in-depth study of these topics. Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version. The PowerPoint includes the reasons why cell growth is limited, surface area to volume ratio in cells, the cell cycle, stages of mitosis, stages of meiosis, differences between the two types of cell division, and so much more.
What is included in this product?
- 83-Slide PowerPoint Presentation (Includes traditional PowerPoint, PDF, and Google slides)
- Editable and printable 12-page set of lecture notes for the teacher
- Editable and printable 15-page guided notes outline for the student
- Paperless Digital Version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and /or Microsoft OneDrive
- Teacher Guide for google Apps
The Power Point is designed to hold the attention of your students. The 83 slides are bright and colorful and contain loads and loads of visually appealing pictures and images. Animations and transitions are included to allow you to control the pace of the lesson.
Your students are going to love using the outline as you teach. It allows the student more freedom to listen, think, and ask questions during note-taking. The notes are also perfect for students with disabilities or IEP's.
Topics covered include:
- Limits to Cell Growth: Reasons why cells divide, surface area to volume ratio in cells. Students will calculate the surface area to volume ratio in three cells and determine which cells are more efficient in moving materials across the cell membrane.
- Introduction to Cell Division: Definition, mother cells, daughter cells, replication, number of chromosomes in cells, mitosis, cytokinesis, chromatids, sister chromatids, centromeres.
- The Cell Cycle: Definition, five phases of the cell cycle, G1 phase, S phase, G2 phase, Mitosis, and Cytokinesis.
- Preparations for Cell Division: The events that occur during Interphase (G1 phase, S phase, G2 phase). Students will label structures of a cell that is in interphase.
- The Stages of Mitosis: Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase, and cytokinesis. Students will label structures of cells in each phase. The events of each phase are thoroughly covered.
- Special structures involved in cell division: Centrioles, mitotic spindle, microtubules, sister chromatids, centromeres.
- Cytokinesis in Plant and Animal Cells: Definition, cleavage furrow, and cell plate.
- The Importance and Result of Mitosis in Cells
- Regulation of the Cell Cycle: Frequency of cell division in different types of cells, G1 checkpoint, G2checkpoint, mitosis checkpoint, the result of uncontrolled cell growth (cancer).
- Differences between asexual and sexual reproduction.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Sexual and Asexual Reproduction.
- Cell Division and Chromosome Number: Homologous chromosomes, diploid, haploid, chromosome number in gametes.
- Phases of Meiosis: Students will label structures of cells in each phase. The events of each phase are thoroughly covered.
- The Importance and Result of Meiosis in Cells
- Crossing Over During Meiosis: Definition, tetrads, exchange of genetic information, variation in the offspring.
- Comparison of the events of Mitosis and Meiosis
This PowerPoint and Notes set is so complete and comprehensive it can be used in place of a textbook. If you are already using a textbook you love, the PowerPoint and notes are editable and are easily incorporated into your existing lessons and units.
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: