These lab instruction pages are a complete guide for teachers and students who are doing the fish embryo and onion root tip mitosis lab. There are pre lab questions, post lab questions, a lab sketch sheet, detailed lab instructions with pictures, and an onion root tips poster set to help students see what they are looking for!
Check out the preview for a view of each page! These are non-editable PDF files.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why should you purchase this bundle?
- This unique lab bundle has multiple options for assessing students, including question pages and assessment tasks what teachers could use in class
- This bundle has an easy printout with a materials list and student instructions for cleaning up.
- There are actual lab images included that can help students learn what to focus on with their microscope. There is a poster set included that could be used for students with special needs who have difficulty using a microscope.
2. How many pages are included?
1. Teacher Instructions
2. Prelab and Background
3. Lab Instructions
4. Sketch Sheet
5. Post Lab Questions
6. Lab Extension Page (I don't call it an extension, just "continued", so if you give it to students, they won't read "extension" as "optional".)
7. Lab Assessment Tasks Lists (4 to a page to print for student stations)
8. Lab Cleanup/Materials Lists (4 to a page to print for student stations)
9. Prelab Answer Key
10. Post Lab Answer Key
11. Extension Answer Key
Also included: Onion Root Tips Poster (2 pages) and Editable Powerpoint with Lab Assessment Checklist
3. What other resources do you have for teaching cell division?
Cell Division Coloring and Cut and Paste Activity Bundle
Cell Division Homework Page Bundle
Color Your Own Karyotype: Independent Assortment Lesson
If you have any questions, suggestions, or corrections, please leave a question on the question and answer section of my store and I will get back to you quickly!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
**Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.**
How to be the first to know about my discounts, freebies, and new products:
**Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
* make copies for your own classes only.
* place this file on your own password-protected class page or server (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc)
AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
By purchasing my teaching resource, you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
* make copies other teachers or their classes.
* distribute this digital resource to other teachers.
* post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view, for other teachers.
If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional licenses on the resource purchase page.