Also included in
- We've gotten the request several times now, and we finally found a way to create it! This is a mega bundle that has ALL of our active TpT resources up to October 2020. That does mean, however, that anything created after October 2020 will not be in this bundle as this is not a growing bundle.This is$261.99$374.27Save $112.28
This is a zip folder that contains:
1. a two page select PDF handout (can be printed from and back if desired) that corresponds to our Amoeba Sisters Mitosis vs. Meiosis Side by Side Comparison video on YouTube
2. a corresponding answer key
What should I know about this Amoeba Sisters select handout?
This select student handout from this zip folder is not available for free on our website like most of our student handouts. Select handouts are in similar format to our regular, free handouts. However, the videos they correspond to tend to be more specialized to a unique topic.
This select handout covers content from our Amoeba Sisters Mitosis vs. Meiosis Side by Side Comparison video. It includes comparison statements of mitosis vs. meiosis and a portion where students are asked to create several drawings of mitosis or meiosis phases. Vocabulary on this document includes diploid, chromosome, chromatid, crossing over, and mitosis and meiosis stages. The second and third thumbnail show a blurred screenshot just to get an idea of the handout layout.
How do you price your Amoeba Sisters select handouts?
Our select handout (with key) pricing is based on many factors: the images we made for the resource (as we illustrate all of our own images), how many we had to edit/make transparent for the resource, how long the student select handout writing and key took to create, etc. We use the funds to help support the creation of all of our free Amoeba Sisters videos, and we appreciate you for your support!
1. This select handout may be printed and copied for use in your classes, However, no form of this handout or its copyrighted text can be made available publicly online. This handout may not be distributed, reproduced, or sold by any individual or outside entity.
2. This answer key it includes is intended for educator use. Answer keys may not be distributed, reproduced, or sold by any individual or outside entity.
We consider our handouts to be “recaps” of our video clips from our Amoeba Sisters YouTube channel. We use our video cartoons (drawn by Petunia) in our recap handouts to help students connect to the material after viewing one of our short videos. Many of the responses are open ended and require application behind them. Our handouts make great exit ticket activities so that every minute of class time is valuable. They are great formative checks along the way of student learning. If you decide to print these and do not want students to digitally annotate on them, we always design them to easily print front and back as they are never more than 2 pages.
We are passionate about students as creators, so our intention with these handouts is that they are an introductory interaction with the material and act as supplements to the more important tasks: involving students in creating with the content and experiencing hands-on labs.