Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
53.51 MB | 38 pages
Integrating English Language Arts and Fine Art is wonderful way to increase student literacy. In this lesson students create a piece of artwork based on the "Where I'm From" poem template. In this lesson they will learn to match up visual elements and emotions to create a piece of art with meaning.
I am an art teacher so the main focus of this lesson is on visual literacy but it would also be great for an AP Language Arts class. I taught this for the first time last semester and they came out amazing, but be prepared for some pretty deep stuff. This lesson requires higher level thinking and a basic understanding of the elements and principles of art.
• 36 page powerpoint (editable)
• "Where I'm From" poem template (editable Word document)
• Graphic organizer PDF worksheet (helps students identify emotions in poems and match those emotions to colors, lines and objects.)
• Line and Emotion PDF worksheet
• Student self-evaluation (Editable Word document)
• Powerpoint includes short review of emotion of line, color match-up and uses student examples to review emphasis
• Link to a video of me demonstrating a credit card scrape technique using acrylic paint for background
• Examples of student artwork including background, poems, and final art.
• Materials list
• Assessment guidelines
A Space to Create; Mixed Media; Art with meaning; Elements and Principles of Art Lesson; Emotions and Color, Emotion and Line, Emotion and Shape. Expressive Art