This huge set includes everything that you need to help your students master adding and subtracting mixed numbers with common denominators!
These 56 task cards are color coded by type of strategy used to solve to help you differentiate or focus on a specific skill. Each strategy has an anchor chart with matching colors to show the steps of solving that type of mixed number problem.
These are also great to use as an early finisher or station with all of the strategies mixed together!
The strategies included in the cards/ anchor charts are:
- standard mixed number addition
- mixed number addition where the fractions add to equal more than 1 whole
- mixed number addition where the fractions add to 1 whole
- standard mixed number subtraction
- subtraction of a whole number from a mixed number
- subtraction of a mixed number from a whole number
- subtraction of two mixed numbers where the fraction in the first value is less than in the second value
There are also a student recording sheet and answer sheet included!
I hope that your students love using these cards as much as I loved making them! Please check out my store for many other fraction activities and application projects!
Happy Task Carding :)