Mixed Number & Improper Fractions Solve & Draw pages are an easy, no-prep way to make review work or practice more engaging. Inspired by students who felt color-by-number pages weren’t creative enough, Solve & Draw resources allow the students to personalize the drawing with their own drawing style and colors.
What is Included
5 pages of practice identifying and converting mixed numbers and improper fractions, including writing mixed numbers from visuals and using number lines. A challenge page and an answer keys for each page.
How Solve & Draw Resources Work
Students identify the mixed number or convert between mixed numbers and improper fractions and add to the drawing based on their answers. Drawing prompts specify the type of object that needs to be included but allows your student creativity in their style of drawing, level of detail, and colors used.
Print on two pages or print double-sided. These pages also work well when you want to end up with a fun final product for bulletin boards or other display. You may also project the drawing page onto your classroom board and have students come up to add to the drawing individually or as teams!
An optional challenge page is included, perfect for early finishers! This page gives students an extension opportunity by asking them to change a problem or to create a problem that fits one of the incorrect drawing prompts or to create a mixed number or improper fraction conversion problem and their own drawing prompts.
Table of Contents:
• Writing Mixed Numbers from a visual
• Writing Mixed Numbers on a number line
• Converting Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers
• Converting Mixed Numbers to Improper Fractions
• Mixed Review of Converting between Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
• Challenge Page
• Answer Keys
You Might Also Be Interested In:
• Long Division Word Problems Solve & Draw
• Fraction Operations Solve & Draw Pack: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division
• See all my Math resources by clicking here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.