MIXED AND IMPROPER FRACTIONS TWIST PLUS MIXED AND IMPROPER FRACTIONS
* * * MIXED AND IMPROPER FRACTIONS TWIST:
* The TWIST to these worksheets is that ALL the examples are written out IN WORDS making them THINK more for their answers.
* They must first READ the fractions correctly, then WRITE them correctly and then CHANGE them correctly (hopefully!)
* Worksheet 1 - students are given either improper fractions OR mixed numbers IN WORDS and must change them to the opposite form; (16 examples)
* Worksheet 2 - each example has a mixed number AND an improper fraction in it written out IN WORDS; students must tell whether the two are equivalent; great thinking activity! (16 examples)
Plus a GEOMETRY BONUS question included!
Your download of 3 pages includes answers. Decorated for fun.
* * * MIXED AND IMPROPER FRACTIONS
* This worksheet requires students to change mixed numbers into improper fractions and vice-versa. Basic understanding as you begin your unit on fractions.
* 24 examples in all.
* You can even turn this into a transparency and use as a whole classroom lesson discussing answers as you go along.
Answers included in your 2 page download. Decorated for fun.
Designed and created by David Filipek.
Copyright© 2017 David Filipek
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission for downloads to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.