Mixtures and Solutions – A Fourth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two fully editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
· Introduction to terminology (mixture, solution, alloy, filter, filtration, and distillation)
· Mixtures explained
· Solutions explained (including alloys and how chemical properties might vary).
· Separating mixtures (including settling, magnets, and filtration).
· Separtating solutions (distillation and evaporation).
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable slides and printables:
· Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are mixture, solution, settling, alloy, magnet, filtration, evaporation, distillation, and filter.
· Activity two has students viewing a made up filtration system that filters 5 different types of balls. They must determine the bin that the balls will end up in based on characteristics of the filters (a very fun activity).