Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.35 MB | 9 pages
Mixtures and Solutions – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to terminology (mixture, solution, alloy, filter, filtration, and distillation)
• Mixtures explained
• Solutions explained (including alloys and how chemical properties might vary).
• Separating mixtures (including settling, magnets, and filtration).
• Separtating solutions (distillation and evaporation).
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are mixture, solution, settling, alloy, magnet, filtration, evaporation, distillation, and filter.
• Activity two has students viewing a made up filtration system that filters 5 different types of balls. They must determine the bin that the balls will end up in based on characteristics of the filters (a very fun activity).