Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.67 MB | 18 slides and 4 pages pages
This file includes:
1. A Powerpoint Presentation (17 slides) with TWO activities embedded, in which students will do a hands on lab on mixtures (trail mix) and solutions (Kool-Aid). The presentation also includes a 'partner talk' opportunity, and an exit ticket prompt.
2. A mixtures/solutions foldable for you to use however you see fit.
3. 'Fill-in-the-blank' notes to go along with the presentation
4. A modified version of the presentation notes, for your students who need some differentiation.
5. A Venn diagram for students to compare mixtures and solutions.
This activity is a great way to review or introduce mixtures and solutions. I used it to introduce Texas TEKS 5.5C, 5.5D. But it can be adjusted and used in other grades as well.
It goes over definitions and examples. It also prompts students to question how to separate different mixtures. The presentation also review solutes and solvents by using the hands-on activity that the students participated in.
Materials you will need:
You will also need to download the following fonts for the presentation so that it will look how it does in the preview:
-KG Always a Good Time
-KG Lego House
-KG Shake it Off