This Moana movie worksheets and Moana movie reading activities guide uses a parody song written as a reading passage to explore the true history and culture behind the Moana movie. Parodying Disney and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's, "You're Welcome!" song, this rap and pop tune compares and contrasts the original islander folktales and Polynesian stories that inspired the Moana movie to Disney's tale of Moana. Activities based on the song lyrics include multiple-choice reading comprehension questions, compare and contrast text-specific multiple-choice questions, context clues questions, and many other activities that are listed below. With a catchy pop song and a variety of reading activities, this Moana lesson plan is sure to keep your students engaged. The song for this activity can be accessed on YouTube or TPT for students to listen to.
Listen to the song in the preview!
Listen with subtitles on YouTube!
This resource includes:
- the song lyrics
- 12 multiple-choice comprehension questions with the answer key
- a compare and contrast, graphic organizer writing activity about Disney's depiction of the Maui character versus the islander and Polynesian's account of Maui
- 10 compare and contrast multiple-choice questions based on the song with the answer key
- a compare and contrast text structure writing activity with transitional words for student use
- 15 multiple-choice root word, prefix, and suffix questions with the answer key
- 7 multiple-choice context clues questions with the answer key
- 6 multiple-choice synonyms questions with the answer key
- 6 multiple-choice antonyms questions with the answer key
You can also get the compare and contrast stand-alone activities here!
How to use this resource:
- Students will preview the comprehension questions on pages 1 and 2 then listen to the song while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Next, students will answer the comprehension questions on pages 1 and 2.
- Students will then complete the remaining activities that are outlined above.
- The answer keys are located on pages 16 - 26.
*Click here to follow our store for updates!*
Get monthly freebies!
Get a custom-made song for free!
You may also like:
Compare and Contrast Nonfiction Passage, Jazz Musicians Reading Activities and Song
Compare and Contrast Nonfiction Passage, History of Hip Hop Music Lesson and Song
*FREE* The True Story of Pocahontas Reading Activities and Song
Marvel Comics' Black Panther Reading Comprehension Superhero Themed Lessons
Problem and Solution Passage - Black Panther Movie Activities, Superhero Reading
Fiction vs Nonfiction Worksheet Activity Black Panther Comic Superhero Reading with Song
Context Clues Passages with Multiple Choice Questions Using History Bundle #1
*Leave a review if you liked our product.*
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
*Music production credit: Brandon Coffer