Do your students groan at the mention of "government"? Have you been searching for a way to demonstrate the important of government without boring your students? Look no further!
This is a multi-day activity that gives students the authentic experience of what life would be like under a variety of governmental structures. The activity is created for the following seven forms of government (Oligarchy with Communist ruling party, Direct Democracy, Representative Democracy, Absolute Monarchy, Constitutional Monarchy, Dictatorship, Theocracy) and the Microsoft Word format makes it easy to customize it to fit your classroom needs.
Students are divided into groups (or "countries") of five-seven and they rotate around to different stations. At each station, students most choose a task for their country to complete and a role they will serve during the decision-making process.
Included in this package:
1. 7 Table Labels: These are used to easily identify each station
2. 49 Role Cards: This allows up to seven students in each group
3. 7 task cards: Each "task" is based off current global issues
4. Pre-Activity and Post-Activity surveys: Perfect exit slips!
5. Student Reaction Form: This allows students to reflect after each station
6. Teacher Lesson Plan
For more ideas, website reviews and free downloads, check out my blog: www.creativeteachersclassroom.com