Also included in
- Engage your students with Edgar Allan Poe's "The Black Cat" by facilitating a mock trial while practicing close reading, citing strong and thorough textual evidence, analyzing evidence, persuasion/argumentation/debate, writing, and speaking/listening. This is truly an authentic learning experience t$5.50$6.50Save $1.00
- Make your Poe unit even more creepy and engaging with this bundle of engaging activities!$16.00$21.50Save $5.50
- This bundle is the ultimate ELA teacher starter pack! These are some of my FAVORITE resources that will help you mix up your instruction & engage students during your whole-class novel units.-Socratic Seminar-Mock Trial-Pre-Reading Learning Stations-Post-Reading Learning Stations-Literary Analys$16.50$18.75Save $2.25
- Need resources that you can use for ANY novel, time and time again? Ready to engage and challenge your class with student-centered materials? This mega-bundle of my two popular bundles will save you dozens of hours lesson planning! When you purchase, you will receive the following:Socratic Seminar f$29.00$33.75Save $4.75
- Need engaging, challenging lessons for your American Literature course? Want to save hundreds of hours lesson-planning and take your time back? This mega-bundle of my tried-and-true resources is here to save the day. When you purchase this bundle, you will receive ALL of my American Lit resources, i$150.00$236.25Save $86.25
Engage your students by conducting a mock trial while practicing close reading, citing strong and thorough textual evidence, analyzing evidence, persuasion/argumentation/debate, writing, and speaking/listening. Use this with ANY text! I used this with Poe's "The Black Cat," but you could also use this with other short stories, novels, or plays.
This is truly an authentic learning experience that covers a wide range of essential skills and gets every student involved! Not including the time it takes to read the text, this activity spans about 3-4 days, depending on how much time you provide for students to prepare.
This bundle of Google Drive resources contains absolutely everything you need to implement a successful mock trial:
-Very thorough teacher instructions
-Prosecution team outline
-Defense team outline
-Jury team assignment (creating a rubric)
-Jury individual assignment (arguments for an against)
-Mock trial structure
-Mock trial preference Google form
-Integrating evidence mini-lesson
-Rubric "master doc" (all rubrics in order for efficient grading)
-Self-Evaluation & reflection Google form
This product is a PDF that contains instructions and LINKS to all of the documents. You will need a Google account to access the files.Your students will need Google drive or another platform (such as Microsoft OneDrive) that allows you to digitally share these documents with them.
Other texts you could use this with include, but are not limited to: The Tell-Tale Heart, The Crucible, Of Mice and Men, The Great Gatsby, The Outsiders, and more!