A SMARTBOARD LESSON with DIRECTIONS
Modeling long division with base 10 blocks is important for students to understand the concept behind the algorithm. Once they understand why each step of the algorithm is performed, the student will have greater success in mastering the algorithm.
This lesson will assist the teacher in engaging the students in building the base ten block models for division.
CCSS 4.NBT6 Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors, using strategies based on place value, the properties of operations, and/or the relationship between multiplication and division. Illustrate and explain the calculation by using equations, rectangular arrays, and/or area models.
The zipped file contains a smartboard file, a full set of directions for using the smartboard file and a template of the long division sign.
In my store you will also find another product "Modeling Long Division with Base 10 Blocks - PPT" which is identical to this product but made as a powerpoint.
Comments from buyers:
• Great Resource!
• Perfect way to start our division unit
• Exactly what I wanted...thank you so much!
• This resource really opened my student’s eyes to what division really means. Thank you.
• Very useful
• This is a wonderful resource to support introducing the algorithm with modeling.
• Great for review
• A very complete product...I couldn't actually use all of it in my once a week AIS period. It’s a great visual for explaining long division.
• Wonderful way to teach the conceptual understanding of division with visuals.
• Great way to teach concept!
• Great interactive lesson to model division!
• This will be great...thanks!