Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Middle School Students research and build an Ancient Megalith or the Solar System.
Connect time and astronomy as the interrelated origins of the human construct. Whether on Earth in the form of Ancient Megaliths or looking to the stars directly, students will realize the influences of the sun, moon, and planets to each other and discover the science and history behind time-telling.
The resource includes:
· Independent Student Project Guide
· Three sets of 3D building projects complete with materials and procedures
o Ancient Megalith
o The Solar System
o Earth’s Orbit
· Diagrams and images for samples
· Research paper guidelines and writing formats
· Collaborative presentation strategies
· Teacher Guide that includes helpful methods on class management
· Material Lists for each project
· Steps, tips, and tricks on project facilitation and presentation
Grade Level: 7th, 8th, 9th , 10th, and Homeschool
Duration: 2 Weeks (10 hours)
About “The Project Shop” by the Mobile Montessorian
Project Shop projects are designed with middle school students in mind. They offer integrated, exciting topics for students to learn. The Student Guides provide independence so that students can be in charge of their own learning while you are freed to manage your classroom, observe your student’s progress and interaction, provide intervention and even offer more challenges.
The Teacher Guides help you know how long a project should last, what might be necessary to prepare and gives you lesson suggestion on each topic. Everything is designed with four tenets in mind:
· Independence—greater self-efficacy through independently-driven tasks
· Meaningful Work—greater engagement through adult-like work
· Hands-on Experiences—greater understanding through integration of the hand and mind
· Wellbeing—reflection and care opportunities for the self, others, and the environment
Want to see more products? Ask questions? Be notified when new stuff comes out? Make sure to subscribe at the top and like this page!