Also included in
- Get a complete, ready-to-print curriculum covering topics from the Algebra 2 TEKS.This curriculum bundle contains guided notes handouts, practice worksheets, exit tickets, warm-ups, reviews, mid-unit assessments, tests, and concept organizers - all aligned to the Texas Algebra 2 state standards (TEK$290.00$521.00Save $231.00
Get a complete, ready-to-print unit covering topics from the Algebra 2 TEKS including linear regression, quadratic regression, exponential regression, and selecting appropriate models.
This unit provides a strong foundation in linear, quadratic, and exponential regression using technology.
Students will examine sets of data to determine whether linear, quadratic, or exponential models are most appropriate based on analysis of their tables, scatterplots, or coefficient of determination, r².
These no-prep resources include 4 lessons with guided notes, an exit ticket, a next-day warm-up, and 2 extra practice assignments per lesson. The unit also includes mid-unit and end-of-unit reviews, mid-unit and end-of-unit editable assessments, and concept organizers. Increase student engagement with 10 TEKS-aligned activities!
TEACHERS LOVE the worked-out keys included with the lessons notes. Feel confident delivering instruction on these sometimes tricky topics! It is a major time-saver if you don’t have quite enough time to create your own guided notes key for the day.
STUDENTS LOVE the reduced note-taking burden with the guided notes handouts. Fill-in-the-blank vocabulary improves the accuracy of students’ notes and frees up more time for showing mathematical steps.
TEACHERS LOVE the multiple versions of each practice worksheet, review, and assessment and they take full advantage of the EDITABLE versions of the mid-unit assessment form and unit test.
STUDENTS LOVE the complementary concept organizers that help them organize concepts and procedures.
TEACHERS LOVE the pre-made exit tickets and next-day warm-ups that support skills from every lesson in the unit. Print 4-per-page or project on the board and record answers on scratch paper.
STUDENTS LOVE the variety of fun and engaging activities!
Most resources are in non-editable PDF format.
- Editable versions of the mid-unit assessment and test are also included in .docx format for MS Word.
- 3 digital activities compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom™ are included. (Printable versions of the digital activities are included in PDF format.)
- 6 paper-based activities in PDF format are included.
- 1 classroom-based activity in PowerPoint (.pptx) format is included.
UNIT 11 INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING LESSONS:
- use technology to formulate linear regression equations
- interpret the meaning of the correlation coefficient, r
- use regression equations to make predictions.
- use technology to formulate quadratic regression equations
- use quadratic regression and an understanding of inverse functions to formulate square root equations using technology
- use technology to formulate exponential and logarithmic regression equations
- use regression equations to make predictions
- analyze tables and r²-values to determine whether linear, quadratic, or exponential regression models best-fit sets of data
EACH LESSON CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS:
- The Lesson Notes are designed for use as a note-taking guide combined with guided practice.
- Practice A and Practice B are suitable for use as in-class practice and homework. Two comparable forms are included for increased versatility.
- The Exit Ticket is designed for a quick concept check at the end of the class period.
- The Warm-Up is designed for next-day use to reinforce the previous day’s learning.
- One-page display versions of the exit ticket and warm-up are included. Display the PDF page on a screen for student viewing and have students record their responses on notebook paper or scratch paper to save on printing.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE IN UNIT 11 INCLUDE:
- 4 Concept Organizers offer a complementary alternative for note-taking or post-lesson concept reinforcement.
- The Mid-Unit Review (Forms A and B) provides an opportunity for students to practice the concepts they learned in the first part of the unit.
- The Mid-Unit Assessment (Forms A and B) may be used as a test, quiz, or daily assignment to meet the specific needs of your students. Editable versions of Forms A and B are included as a .docx file for MS Word.
- The Unit Review (Forms A and B) helps students focus on the key concepts studied throughout the unit.
- The Unit Test (Forms A, B, and C) comes in two comparable multiple-choice forms (A and B) and one free-response form (C). The test key includes TEKS alignment for each question to facilitate easy data analysis. Editable versions of Forms A and B are included as a .docx file for MS Word.
7 PAPER-BASED or CLASSROOM-BASED ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE:
- Linear Regression Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Correlation Coefficient Partner Activity (Linear Regression)
- Linear Regression Riddle Activity
- Quadratic Regression Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Exponential Regression Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Regression Game Show Activity
- Linear, Quadratic, or Exponential Task Card Activity
3 DIGITAL ACTIVITIES FOR GOOGLE SLIDES™ ARE INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE:
(Each digital activity also includes a printable version.)
- Linear, Quadratic, or Exponential Applications Activity for Google Slides™
- Linear, Quadratic, or Exponential Drag and Drop Activity for Google Slides™
- Linear, Quadratic, or Exponential Digital Activity for Google Slides™
Please view the previews in the bundle section for more detail.
This unit and activity bundle is perfect for providing a complete TEKS-aligned unit or for supplementing existing resources. Use every resource or pick-and-choose from the many options to meet the needs of your students!
Supports Algebra 2 Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
Standards: 2A.4E, 2A.5B, 2A.8A, 2A.8B, 2A.8C
A note from Allison at Math Beach Solutions about standards alignment: This resource was designed from the ground up to provide ready-made resources for Texas teachers to implement to facilitate their students’ mastery of the Algebra 2 TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills TAC §111.40). A considerable effort has been made to ensure the TEKS are addressed thoroughly, but these resources will reflect my understanding of the TEKS. As always, continue to use your professional judgment and experience when lesson planning.
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Purchase the Texas Algebra 2 Curriculum to get all 12 units and activities. The curriculum lasts the entire year. It also includes an editable mid-term and editable final exam!
You may also like...
Looking for a long-term homework solution? Check out Algebra 2 Skill Spirals Review Workbook for a year-long solution for homework, warm-ups, or tutorial session resources. It supports the Texas Algebra 2 TEKS, too!
Having difficulty with a file?
Copyright © Math Beach Solutions LLC.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.