The following is a one-day (75 minute period) common core-based lesson on China during the rule of Deng Xiaoping. Contained within this bundle are the worksheet, a corresponding PowerPoint presentation and a video clip about the Tank Man. Overall, the bundle contains a variety of activities that promote critical thinking, class discussion, and an array of other social studies skills.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• The Four Modernizations
• Tiananmen Square Massacre
• Legacy of Deng Xiaoping
Activities included in this lesson:
• Do no that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source readings with questions.
• Song analysis – “Blood is on the Square”
• Political cartoon analysis
• Video clip with questions.
• Enormous amounts of discussion opportunities
• Almost 15 fact-based and critical thinking questions.
• 13 slide PowerPoint presentation including the aim question and various images.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding this product. Follow me to receive notifications for newly uploaded products. Finally, take a moment to rate your satisfaction with this product if you decide to purchase it. Thank you so much!