Purpose: Students say many spontaneous speaking modern language sentences about common actions (not reflexives). Students will say from one to six sentences each turn. They have to say variations on the sentences of other students. This game develops spontaneous speaking. They can use this game in any modern language.
Topic: Common actions/verbs (24)
Group setting: Partner or Small Group (3) (All students participate at the same time.)
- You'll need one die for each group. Dice can be obtained from your local dollar store (usually ten in a pack) or a craft store.
- You may want to have one sheet with the answers written on it so if any student wants to check his/her partner's answer, he /she can do it easily.
- You can encourage your students to use only the target language except when explaining a form to a partner.
- You can encourage your students to think of anything they can say about each illustration and not focus on a specific verb. For example, for an illustration of someone buying something, they can say a person gives money, a person pays, a person sells something, or a person wants something
- Your students can do this activity using any present, past or future tense.
Language Functions: Express daily activities
K-12 Subject: Modern Language / Foreign Language Spanish, French, Italian, German, Chinese, ESL
Grade Level(s): 8, 9, 10, 11, Honors, AP, college