Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Mole Chemistry: Intro with Moleville & Stoichiometry:
Looking for a concrete, graphic organizer to represent abstract mole conversions and stoichiometry? Or are you looking for a guided inquiry activity that lays the foundation for the mole unit? In chemistry, the mole connects all quantities of matter. The mole is the foundation for future calculations and this activity is a playful spin on the methodical mole conversions. Asking students to make their own map of Moleville makes an instant personal connection with them! Moleville is an excellent way to introduce how the mole can is used for conversions among mass (grams), particles (molecules/compounds), atoms and volume of gases at STP. This idea can then be extended to future stoichiometric calculations. With Moleville, you provide a structure for your students that will help familiarize them with these units and conversions among them.
✦ This is available in my resourceful costs-savings Mole Conversions Bundle ✦
You can use this assignment in a variety of ways:
1. Ask students to create a map of Moleville with these provided directions instructing them where to place moles, grams, particles, atoms & liters in a map orientation - with added highways that will represent the conversion factors among them:
2. Provide them with the basic layout of the map of Moleville, where you provide instruction of where to place the units of mole, gram, particles, atoms & liters and the unit conversions listed above.
3. Post larger images of Moleville in your room : great on bulletin boards, walls, white/black boards. You can attach magnets behind each picture to move them around, adding & taking away what buildings & labels you need.
Refer back to this mind-map each time you set up a mole conversion: What unit do you start with (building)? What unit do you end with (building)? What unit conversion do you use to get there? (along highway). This reference map easily merges with any material.
Segue into Stoichiometry!
This map of Moleville can be expanded to show how students can convert from one substance into other using a chemical reaction and its mole ratio - the math behind the chemical equations: stoichiometry!
Make the "Great Battle of Stoichiometry" for first year chemistry that much easier for students to overcome!
In this product, you will find the following:
Folder with Moleville Map PNGs - You can add these maps to your existing PPTs or handouts [see TOU].
Interested in more?
● Be sure to follow my store to be alerted of new products: CLICK HERE
● Don't forget to leave feedback. You will receive TPT credits that can be used on future purchases!