Also included in
- This is a bundle of my resources that allows interactive practice with the mole concept and mole conversions. Buy them all together and save with fun resources to challenge your students!Students will first practice molar mass and percent composition calculations with the Molar Mass Percent ComposiPrice $15.20Original Price $19.00Save $3.80
- The mole concept and calculations is a crucial thing for chemistry students to have a firm grasp on.This bundle includes EVERYTHING you need for you to teach the mole -- from introducing the concept, to introducing the math, to practicing the math in many different forms, to differentiating for studPrice $10.00Original Price $12.50Save $2.50
- This includes everything you need for your introduction to your mole calculation unit to keep students ENGAGED and LEARNING. Topics included: percent composition, mole conversions/mole concept, empirical and molecular formulas, and a bonus file -- notes on hydrates. Lessons, worksheets, games, quizPrice $27.60Original Price $34.50Save $6.90
- This bundle contains board games and card games to cover almost every chemistry topic for first year chemistry courses. Great to use throughout the year, or as a final exam review that keeps students engaged.See individual resources for previews and specifics, but topics include:atomic structuremolPrice $49.20Original Price $61.50Save $12.30
The mole is so important for chemistry students to understand, both conversions and the concept. I have found that students have so many problems understanding the relationships between the size of a mole, mass, and number of particles. This game gives them repetitive practice to build fluency on (1) solving dimensional analysis problems involving mole conversions and (2) the concept and relationship between these three units.
This will work as a challenging activity for a first year chemistry course, as well as a quick review for one of the first few days of AP Chemistry.
SPQ-1.A -- Calculate quantities of a substance or its relative number of particles using dimensional analysis and the mole concept
Skill 5.B -- Identify an appropriate theory, definition, or mathematical relationship to solve a problem.
This download includes everything you need for students to really understand the concept of the mole, which becomes the foundation for all the calculations they will do in chemistry.
- Teacher's Guide and hints for use in the classroom (including differentiation for different levels of students)
- 84 game cards
- 2 worksheets for additional practice with dimensional analysis and the mole concept
- 6 assessment questions
- 3 levels of scaffolding cards to guide students through setting up dimensional analysis problems
- Answer keys
This will change the way your students understand the concept of the mole!
Also, see this Lesson to introduce this concept before playing the game!