"Mole and the Baby Bird" was updated on April 3, 2016.. If you already own this product, please redownload and get the new printables for free.
Included are the centers and printables to reinforce the Phonics
skills, High-Frequency words, Amazing Words, Selection Words, Conventions, and Writing of Mole and the Baby Bird! This Reading Street Story is Unit 5, Week 2.
1. Rainbow write your spelling words
2. Write sentences with spelling words
3. Put spelling words in ABC order
4. Match spelling words to clues given
5. Answer questions about spelling words
High-Frequency Word Center
1. Use stamps to spell the words
2. Sort the words by the number of syllables
3. Write sentences with the words
4. Use play-doe to spell the words
5. Read the words, spell the words, and color the words
6. Spin the words, Find the word that you spin the most
7. Graph the words
1. Use a magnifying glass to find ow and ou words. Then write the words
2. Use a magnifying glass to find VC/V and V/CV words. Then write the words.
3. Sort words with VC/V and V/CV and write them on a recording sheet
4. Match ou and ow words to rhyming words
1. Listen to or read "Mole and the Baby Bird"
2. Answer the comprehension questions about the story
3. Cut and glue the story in the correct order
1. Look at a picture of a bird.
2. Write a story by answering questions in complete sentences
Vocabulary Center -
1. Sort Amazing Words
2. Cut and paste to match the word to its definition
3. Choose your favorite word, write the definition, write a sentence and illustrate
(1) Read a story with ow and ou words. Write the words.
(2) Color the tulip by coloring VC/V and V/CV words
(3) Read and color ou and ow words to make a house
(4) Find the correct word to fit in the sentences ( 2 printables).
(5) Word Search for spelling words
(6) Color a hundred's chart to find a spelling word
(7) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(8) Highlight the pronoun in each sentence/ Write the pronoun
(9) Color the pronouns in the puzzle to spell a pronoun
(10) Write the time and find spelling words
(11) Add and Subtract to find High-Frequency Words
(12) Read a story about Camels/ Find the evidence in the story to answer the questions.
Spelling Words and HFW cards are included for your Word Wall.