This Unit Study is part of the comprehensive Immigration Unit “Pilgrims Now & Then”. It is a first introduction to the topic of Pilgrims and Immigration. In this unit your students will learn about the first Pilgrims and get to know the concepts of immigration to the U.S. by reading about two children who immigrated to the United States. Your students will get to know the children’s book “Molly’s Pilgrim” by Barbara Cohen and explore the theme of the first Pilgrims, immigration. They will celebrating diverse cultures and gain cultural competency while having fun!
The Study includes:
* Introduction to the topic Immigration and Pilgrims
* Weekly ‘Teacher’s Guide” page that provides easy step-by-step questions and activities for that day
* Info boxes and additional literature excerpts
* Conversation starters
* Comprehension & discussion questions
* Vocabulary cards
* Coloring sheets, drawing activities, crossword puzzle
* Reading and writing prompts
* Fun activity and writing work sheets
* Additional optional Reading: “The Blessing Cup” Patricia Polacco
Happy Exploring of Old & Modern Day Pilgrims!
Ps: Feel free to leave a comment if you enjoy the product! Or email me if you have any suggestions! If you click "follow" you will be the first to learn about new studies and sales!