This activity is an authentic and interactive project where students get to design their own personal calendars while reviewing vocabulary related to: months of the year, days of the week, seasons AND weather.
Great as a cumulative project and/or reading/writing assessment.
The sentence stems that students fill in have a variety of acceptable answers, allowing students to use their own creativity and critical thinking when deciding upon answers that make sense (multiple correct answers).
READ PRIOR TO USE:
- Students draw a corresponding picture for each month
- Students fill in the sentence stem "En ____________ il ____________. C'est ______________. " In the following way: "En (month) il (weather). C'est (season)." For example: "En avril il pleut. C'est le printemps."
- Students fill in the missing days of the week and add numbers to the calendar
- Students use their calendars to note down important dates and events
- Extend into an oral activity by having students ask each other when their birthday is and write down everyone's birthday