I have developed a Spelling Journal that I use with my Grade 3 French Immersion students. This Journal can also be used for Grade 2 or 4 French Immersion students depending on your students’ needs.
I have developed a list of frequently used words for each week for 36 weeks including 4 Holiday weeks. At the beginning of the year, the words are simple, high-frequency French words that should be review for most students. Throughout the year, the words get more difficult. Of course, you can add 1-2 of your own words of study to your weekly lists depending on your class’ needs.
This package includes:
1) Title Page: Glue on the cover of students’ notebooks.
2) Weekly Writing Activities by Day: There are spelling practice activities for each day of the week for students to complete.
3) Spelling Tic-Tac-Toe: As an alternative to the Weekly Spelling Activities, students can complete any three activities to make Tic-Tac-Toe.
4) Weekly Spelling Words: I have included 4 lists per page to minimize your photocopying. Students glue the list in their journal at the top of a new page with the date of that week. Students complete that week’s spelling activities on that page and maybe the next page.
5) Holiday Spelling Words: I have included a list of words for Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Easter. You can do special activities for these weeks or simply use the weekly spelling activities.