Biography of Claude Monet written in plain language for children. His childhood, youth and motivation to become an artist are covered so that students will be able to relate and make connections to their own lives.
• Self-portrait of the artist as well as a photograph
• Childhood and motivations
• Friendships with other artists
• Impressionism and en plein air concepts
• Giverny, waterlilies and the studio boat
• Failing eyesight and its importance
This biography could be read to younger elementary students or provided as a handout to older ones.