Bakery Money Activities Spending Money at the Bakery Shop.
There are three pages of menus (pages 6 thru 8) which shows the products that Delicious Sweets Bakery sells. Tip: Print, laminate, and keep menu as full sheets for students to use to select their sweets. The menus will be need to play the Delicious Sweet Bakery Game (pages 5 thru 10) and B1-B24 Task Cards (pages 27 thru 29).
• With this product, students will solve problems involving multiplying, dividing, adding, and subtracting money amounts. They may have to look-up prices on a menu in order to solve problems.
• A1-32 task cards: These task cards require students to solve multiplication word problems using one to twelve items purchased multiplied by a price. The task cards can be handout in sheets or individual cards. Students answer how much did you spend?
• B1-24 task cards: These task cards require students to solve multiplication word problems by looking up menu prices. (See pages 6 thru 8)
• C1-32 task cards: These tasks cards require students to solve division word problems using fractions. For example, so many cupcakes were baked and 1/2, or 1/3, or 1/4, or 1/5, or 1/6, or 1/7, or 1/8, and or 1/9 of the cupcakes were sold. Students answer how many cupcakes they sold.
• D1-32 task cards: These tasks cards require students to solve division word problems using numbers. For example, so many cupcakes were baked and you want to put either 2, or 3, or 4, or 5, or 6, or 7, or 8, and or 9 cupcakes in a box. Students answer how many boxes filled.
• E1-24 task cards: These task cards require students to solve addition and subtraction word problems.
• F1-24 task cards: These task cards require students to solve multiplication problems.
• Enrichment problems: There are eight enrichment problems with five questions to answer. These problems are about cupcakes monthly inventory and cost per dozen. (A) How many cupcakes do you have now? (B) What is your total monthly expense? (C) How much did each cupcake cost? (D) What is the total dollar amount collected? (E) How much money did you make per cupcake?
• Delicious Sweets Bakery Math Game: The game uses a game board, menu, game pieces, one dice and a record sheet. The game board, menu, rules, and record sheet provided.
• Baking arrays: Use flour and sugar canisters for 2 x 2 array, blue cookie jars for 3 x 3 array, coffee cups for 4 x 4 array, donut boxes for 5 x 5 array, mixing bowls for 6 x 6 array, blue plates for 7 x 7 array, strawberry milk for 8 x 8 array, mittens and hot pads for 9 x 9 array, blue sugar cookies for 10 x 10 array, raspberry donuts for 11 x 11 array, and peach delight cupcakes for 12 x 12 array.
• Blank task cards: Use the blank task card and printable with any of sets of task cards. The students put the task card number in the upper left hand corner and the answer in the bottom right corner. (pages 90 thru 92)
• Teacher’s tip: If you have paper money and coins, students could buy, sell, and make change using the task cards problems.