These money activities can be used with any money unit or as a review of the 2nd grade money standard. The activities, games, and centers included in this money unit are hands-on and engaging for students in grades 1-3. Get ready for some fun!
All activities, games, or centers include a task card, materials, and recording sheet.
- Coin Match-Up - Match the coin cards to the piggy bank amounts. Recording sheet included.
- Shopping Time! - Use the coins to pay for the price tag. Recording Sheet included.
- Grab and Compare - Draw 5 coins out of a bag, count the coins, and compare. The person who draws the greatest amount gets a counter. The first person to get 10 counters wins! Recording sheet included.
- Show Money Different Ways - Match the same amount coin cards. Recording sheet included.
- Money Word Problems - Match the word problem cards to the answer cards. Recording sheet included.
Common Core Standard Alignment:
2.MD.8 Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately.
You might also be interested in:
- Informative Writing Unit
- Opinion Writing Unit
- Narrative Writing Unit
- Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time
- Advanced Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time
- Common Core Writing Activities (monthly writing centers)
Interested in a COMPLETE SYSTEM for assessing students in reading using ANY text?
- Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Reading Interactive Notebook - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Digital Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
Jamie Rector from 2nd Grade Stuff
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.