This Money Book is an A5 booklet intended for use as individual class rewards while reinforcing money concepts. Comes with clear instructions on how to create and use the book,
In my class I staple a mini ziplock back to the back of each book. Students 'earn' plastic money which then gets stored into their zip locks. Students write the following information inside their booklets:
- The date they received the money
- The 'particulars' (how they earned it)
- The credit or debt (how much they earned at that time or how much they spent)
- The balance (the total amount of money they have).
Once students have earned enough money, they can withdraw some cash to spend on rewards. E.g. $5 might buy a prize $10 for 10 minutes of iPad or computer time etc.
- Adding money
- Subtracting money
- Addition with regrouping
- Using decimals to separate coins and notes
- Learning financial maths vocabulary
Booklet cover is designed to be printed on bright card. Print of multiple inside pages depending on how long you plan to run this reward/money system in your class.
See more of my Australian Money products:
Australian Money Posters
Australian Money Task Cards
Australian Money Sorts
Australian Money Menu Fun
Money Story Flip Flap
Australian Money: I Spy