Coin counting practice made easy with this bundle. Young students need lots of practice counting coins and answering money related word problems. Counting money is a real life skill and now this skill has been taken out of so many math curriculums.
This bundle includes a number of ways for students to practice their money counting skills. Coin counting and word problems are centered on coin combinations up to $1.00. There are two different sets of task cards for students to identify coins and determine the combined value of the set of coins. There are menu math task cards as well. A menu of sweet treats is used to determine the answer to 16 problems. Cards for a game of War are also included. The task cards and game cards work wonderfully in math centers or as partner activities.
•Coin Counting Task Cards
2 sets of 24 Coin Counting Task Cards- amounts up to $1.00
Recording Sheets and Answer Keys
Treat Menu of items up to $1.00
16 Word Problem Task Cards based on the menu
2 versions of Recording Sheet with and without border
2 versions of write your own word problem recording sheets
•Coin Cards For Coin War
44 Coin Counting Cards with amounts up to $1.00 for use in partner game of Coin War
Uses for task cards:
• Roam the Room- cut out the cards and display them around the room for students to find and solve. This is a great way to get students moving.
• Scoot- put one card on each student’s desk. Then students move around the room to solve each problem as the teacher directs.
• Partner work- have students solve a given problem and then explain their thinking
• Task cards for students to solve in pairs or independently
• For small group instruction
• For those with Smartboards- display on the board for whole class or group instruction with students recording on paper or dry erase boards
• Math Center- laminate or display an entire sheet in a plastic paper protector and students solve
• Early Finisher activity- the cards can be displayed around the room like in Roam the Room or in a folder/envelope for students who finish early
Follow my store to be the first to know about new resources that are 50% off for the first 48 hours.
Looking for more affordable quality resources?
Multistep Addition and Subtraction Word Problems
Double Digit Addition with Regrouping Task Cards
Telling Time Task Cards and Game to the 5 Minute Interval
Basic Multiplication and Division Word Problem Task Cards With QR Codes
Spring Sentence Scramble and Editing With and Without QR Codes
Spring Triple Digit Addition and Subtraction with Regrouping Task Cards
Inferencing Task Card Bundle