Five money centers and five activities, plus recording sheets for the centers and a final assessment. This is a great addition to your money unit! It hits matching the coin to it’s name and amount, matching coins to the correct amount, draw the correct amount of coins, solve the word problem using coins, etc.
Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately. Example: If you have 2 dimes and 3 pennies, how many cents do you have?
- Who Has More - This is a partner game. Make one stack of all the pirate flags and one of all the maps to begin. Flip one card over at a time, whoever’s card has the most value wins and puts the extra cards in the bottom of their pile. The game keeps going until someone runs out of cards.
- Find Ye Treasure - Help the pirates find their parrot who is guarding their treasure! Match the coins to the correct amount and then record.
- Find Me Ship Mate - Help the pirate find her ship! Match the coins in her description to the correct amount. Draw a picture or use coins if you need help..
- Count Me Treasure - Use our math coins to make each amount. Then, record the amount and your answer on the sheet.
- Match Me Chest - Match the pirate to his treasure chest by finding the two groups of coins that equal the same amount. Record your answers.
- Quizzes & Activities - Pre and post assessments for match the coin to it’s name and amount, match coins to the correct amount, draw the correct amount of coins, solve the word problem using coins, etc.
- Assessment - This is a final assessment, assessing knowledge of a student’s ability to match the coin to it’s name and amount, match coins to the correct amount, draw the correct amount of coins, solve the word problem using coins, etc.
Teaching about money? Check out my product for a unit plan and more resources for teaching money here: Money Unit
If you like what you see, check out my second grade math center bundle as well: Second Grade Common Core Math Centers BUNDLE
Check out each set of centers separately below:
1. Place Value Centers
2. Two Digit Addition and Subtraction Centers
3. Measurement Centers
4. Geometry Centers
5. Fraction Centers
6. Money Centers
7. Multiplication/Array Centers