- 2-4 players can play. This can be stretched out to 5 or 6 if necessary.
- Each player to start the game with $19.95 or it could be any amount agreed upon.
- One six-sided die
- When the two sheets are printed out, laminate then connect the sheets together with tape, or print both sheets out, connect them together then laminate as an A3 sheet.
- Bag of money (coins and/or notes)
- One person to be the banker. When a player either deducts or collects money, they deal with the banker.
Object of the game:
Players use money through game at the concrete level.
Using money at the concrete level will develop their mental strategies.
It will develop their confidence to be able to add and subtract from a specific total.
Setting up a corner shop in the classroom as a real-world activity, will allow students to simulate what happens when purchases are made at the shop. The opportunity to add totals and subtract from a total will assist them in learning efficient ways of dealing with money.