Also included in
- THIS IS A BUNDLED SET OF ALL MY 2ND GRADE MATH ACTIVITIES! Buy them together for 25% less than if you bought them separately!INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE:Time Mega PackTime Centers & Games Mega Pack is packed with engaging activities for telling time to the hour, half hour, quarter hour, 5 and 1 minu$40.00$54.00Save $14.00
Teach Coins and Money with this 65-page collection of money games, activities, work pages, resources and posters. This Money Unit is a great way to enhance your math centers, ensure meaningful practice and reinforcement of essential money and coin counting skills, and provide your classroom quality posters and manipulatives.
**THIS RESOURCE RECEIVED A MAJOR UPDATE ON DECEMBER 1ST, 2020! All pages were redesigned and formatted to make them even more accessible to students!**
(Both Color & Black and White Versions Available)
• 4 Coin Posters: A great reference tool that shows both sides of each coin, the written name of the coin, their monetary value and their amount represented on a ten frame.
• Coin Grab: A great game that helps students practice counting a selection of coins. This game is available in 4 formats to target your students current exposure to various coins. Game 1- Pennies and Nickels. Game 2- Pennies and Dimes. Game 3- Pennies, Nickels and Dimes. Game 4- Pennies, Nickels, Dimes and Quarters.
• Race to a Dollar: A popular game that encourages students to practice exchanging coins until they reach a dollar (exchanging 5 pennies to make 1 nickel, 2 nickels to make a dime…etc.). This game is available in color and in black & white
• Pennies for Nickels: A great game to reinforce the concept of 5 pennies being exchanged for 1 nickel. This game is available in color and in black & white.
• Pennies for Dimes: A great game to reinforce the concept of 10 pennies being exchanged for 1 dime. This game is available in color and in black & white.
• 60 Coin Playing Cards: They include pairs of cards with various collections of coins and their corresponding values. These cards are perfect to play games like GO FISH, COIN WAR and MEMORY/CONCENTRATION.
• Coin Observation: These 4 activities (one per coin) are a great way to introduce each coin naturally (and integrate science skills into math!) Use these activities to give students the opportunity to simply observe these coins before asking them to do anything more with them. Students are asked to draw what they observe on the front and back of the coin and to write what they notice.
• Spin & Graph: Increase coin recognition with this graphing activity. This activity is available in color and black and white.
• Coin Work Pages: 8 pages that involve giving at a collection of coins and asking students to determine the value, and giving students a value and asking them to create a collection of coins to match.
• Coin Sorting Mats: This can be used to give students practice with coin recognition and sorting, or to be used as their “bank” while playing games like “Race to a Dollar”. This resource is available in color and in black & white..
• Coin Manipulative Pages: These pages are to be used in place of real or plastic coin manipulatives. They are also perfect for accompanying any homework assignments that require the use of coins. These pages are available in color and in black & white.
OTHER MATH PRODUCTS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU:
MATH JOURNAL PROMPTS
COPYRIGHT © 2013 JILLIAN STARR
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.