Have you ever noticed that your students confuse the coins by their colors and sizes? Well, I have created this activity set to help in this area! They will research each coin (penny, nickel, dime, quarter) while filling in the information on their Coin Profile Sheets. There are QR Code Sheets so they can scan the codes that will take them to different websites for each coin to find the information. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SMART DEVICE, you can STILL have them do this with books, computers, your lessons, etc. The QR codes aren't necessary, and I have included the websites that are attached to them in case you would like to use them on computers instead.
The activities that use QR Codes will NEED a Smart Device with a QR Code Reader on it to use. You can find FREE QR Reader Apps to use. ***However, I have made sure to add alternatives so that you can still use the activities WITHOUT a Smart Device!
In this set, you will find:
- 1 Money, Money, Money, MOney! Making "Cents" of Our National Coins Cover Sheet to use to make a Coin Profile Book
- 12 Coin Profile Sheets including 4 Teacher Sheets with answers in red, 4 Student Sheets with blank lines to fill in, and 4 Additional Information Sheets for each coin to copy back to back to encourage deeper research than just what the profile asks for so they can record it on the back of the coin profile. Each coin has a corresponding additional information sheet.
-12 pages with QR Codes that when scanned with a SMART device, QR Code Reader, will lead them to a website that will give much of the information they need for their Coin Profiles. *If you do NOT have a SMART Device, you can STILL use these any way you would like whether that is using a computer, books, math books,
your lessons, etc. *Once they have finished their research, they can put the Coin Profiles together with the Cover Sheet to make a Reference Book to use.
-3 Compare/Contrast Bubble Maps- 2 of the maps are filled in with a nickel/quarter and a penny/dime to compare/contrast since these are usually the ones that confuse them. I have also left a blank one for you to use as you see fit.
-1 Fractions of a Dollar Reference Sheet to use while researching or whenever needed
-1 Simple Match the Coin to the Amount Page- quick assessment
- Center Ready Game: How Much "Cents" Do You Have? Card Game with 1 card with stating the OBJECTIVE and 1 showing an EXAMPLE so it is CENTER ready for each Game Set
- 1st Game uses QR Codes for the students to self-check, there are 20 cards (2 on a page) to cut apart, laminate and use
- 2nd Game uses a Recording Sheet in case you don't have or would rather use a recording sheet to write their answers on. These are different money amounts than the 1st game so you can use both!
-2 How Much "Cents" Do You Have? Answer Keys- the answers for the game cards are in red
-2 How Much "Cents" Do You Have? Recording Sheets to go with the 2nd Game that does not use the QR Codes, just print back to back
-1 Money Quiz with 9 boxes to count the coins and write the amounts on the lines
I really hope that you and your students enjoy these activities!!!
I would LOVE to hear your FEEDBACK on these activities to ensure that they are working for everyone!!
Check out my new blog at www.dancingamongstthestars.blogspot.com.
You can also contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks so much for your support!!! :) Have fun Making "Cents" with your students! :)