Money: Spending on a Budget
This money resource is a great way to motivate your students!
Here is how this money resource is intended to be used:
1. Allow students to list the items they want at a hypothetical day out at the show/carnival using the vendor’s website to search for these. This works best if all students have their own laptop.
2. Set a budget for your students (e.g. $200) and tell them that they must try to spend as close to their budget as possible (but they cannot go over!).
3. List the items they are going to buy (e.g. entry ticket, show bags, rides, food and drinks) and write the cost of each using the sheet provided.
4. If students require more pages to write their items, simply cut out an extra ‘item’ sheet and glue over the top.
5. You may wish to have your students do a draft budget on scrap paper before using the ‘Show Time’ sheet. Have themcheck their total with acalculator once they have had a try.
Photographs and instructions are included within this money product.
Two pages are available - one blank template to write your own budget and venue, one Aussie currency template with a set budget of $200 at the Royal Show.