Try your hand at real-life math problems. Add tax to an item, subtract from items that are on sale, and combine both for a fun challenge!
★★ Please note, this is a FREE SAMPLE of a larger math unit. In this freebie, you will receive ...
1. Adding tax
, a student practice page
2. What is the price? Finding the price of a sale
item, practice page.
3. Word problem practice page - sale
Click on the link to see the full unit!
Math Unit - All about Tax and Sales
The complete unit is 30+ pages! Read the complete description below.
The concepts of tax, a sale,
and how things are priced
can be difficult to master. This no-prep packet is full of everything you need to guide your students through the world of tax, and money-based operations.
This is a no-prep pack to practice adding tax and working with sale prices. It can be used as step-by-step lesson plan by guiding students through the various parts of the pack in a guided-practice format. Or, print all student worksheets in a booklet, and use this for early finishers or students who need a challenge!
All activities are Print-and-Go
, and are perfect for an elementary level.
● Tax Poster – What is tax? What mathematical operation do we use with it?
● Sale Poster – What is a sale? How is it calculated?
● Student Practice Page – Work together to define “Sale” and “Tax”. Then, work together to solve a basic math problem for each.
● 2 “Find the Total Price” Worksheets – locate the item, and calculate the price including tax
● 1 Worksheet, Adding Tax, Word Problems
● 2 “What is the Sale Price” Worksheets – locate the item, and calculate the new price after a sale
● 1 Worksheet, Sale Price Word Problems
Practice Pages - Mixed
●1 Reference Page (Available in Color and B&W) – A corner store with its own taxes, and specific sale items! This page will be used as a reference point for the next four pages of practice.
●Scaffolded practice pages. These pages get gradually more difficult as students combine sale items with adding tax.
● An answer key for all student worksheets! Marking is a snap!
Check out these great Print-and-Go
Math products to make learning (and preparing) math lessons a snap!
★Math Task Cards - Multiplying By Tens
– Multiply one-digit numbers by multiplies of ten (i.e. 6 x 30) CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.NBT.A.3
★Math Task Cards - Multiplication Pictures
- Interpret a set of objects as a multiplication sentence, and draw a picture from a given multiplication equation. - CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.OA.A.1
★Rounding to Tens and Hundreds
★Fraction Task Card Set ONE - Identifying Fractions
★No Prep Fraction Lessons
Did you know that you can earn credits ($) to use on future purchases just by leaving a rating and a short review ✍ of this, and any, product on TpT?
Just start at "My TpT" at the top of the page and then click..."
- My Purchases
- Leave Feedback
Many thanks! Feedback helps me to grow as a seller, and is so appreciated. ☺❤