These task cards have 20 money word problems in the form of riddles. Each money riddle gives students practice with:
- mental math
- adding and subtracting money
- dollars (up to $25) and all coins
Some of the money riddles in this resource are multi-step word problems for 2nd grade students.
⭐With the New Easel Activities Tool included with this resource, your students can type directly onto each task card through Google Classroom!
This feature has already been added, but you can edit it for your distance learning model.
I’ve written these money word problems to give students practice with understanding the numerical value of different dollars and coin amounts.
The goal isn’t just for students to identify coins, but to be able to fluently add, subtract, and use money in different situations.
- 20 Money Word Problem Riddles on Task Cards
- Money Guide for Students
- Instructions for Using QR Codes
- 2 Different Task Cards Sets: One with QR Codes, One without QR Codes
- Extension Task Cards for Students to Write Their Own Money Riddles
- Answer Keys & Response Sheets
- NEW!!--An Interactive PDF Version that allows your students to type directly onto the worksheet through Google Classroom⭐⭐
If your state does not follow Common Core standards, you can still use these task cards with your students.
- Math Computation Cell-Phone Shaped Task Cards
- Math Critical Thinking Task Cards
- 2nd Grade Place Value Task Cards
- 2nd Grade Math Computation Task Cards
Grab some Hands-On Math Games HERE
Be sure to click the green star ★ beside my picture to follow me for updates and to get first dibs on the latest classroom goodies from me!
★★★Thank you in advance for leaving constructive and helpful feedback and ratings on this resource. This feedback helps me to serve you better. ★★★
©Tanya G. Marshall-The Butterfly Teacher, All Rights Reserved 2019 (UPDATED 2020)
For ALL resources from my store, please be mindful of "sharing" resources with co-teachers and other teacher-friends. I offer generous multiple-license discounts and school-wide licenses so that your teaching team can have copies for themselves.
Thanks for honoring these professional standards of ethics.