Counting Coins and Recognizing Money Worksheets
The 22 differentiated worksheets will help your students with a variety of money tasks, from recognizing coins, counting money, skip counting using money, making change, thinking of money combinations, and shopping scenarios.
Note: The coins are true to size, if printed correctly.
How can I use this product?
Just print and copy a set for each student to have them work through the sheets on their own or in a small group setting. There are a variety of levels, so perfect for differentiation. There is a full Answer Key.
What is included?
The 43 page PDF file contains:
• Coin Match - Students draw lines to connect the coin to the amount.
• Coin Sort - Students cut out the coins, values, names, and glue them into the appropriate box for penny, nickel, dime, or quarter.
• How many coins in a dollar? - Students draw how they know how many of each coin is in a dollar.
• Skip Count Coins - Students skip count by the value of the coin: nickels, dimes, and quarters.
• Do you have enough money? (3 of these) - Students count the money, look at the price tag, and circle yes or no if they have enough money.
• Do you have enough money? (3 of these) - Students count the money, look at the price tag, and write down how much money would be left over.
• Do you have enough money? (3 of these) - Students need to figure out either the money, price, or change depending on what is shown, great for algebraic thinking.
• What’s in my pocket? (4 of these) - Given an amount of money, students need to figure out what combination of coins could be in the pocket.
• Shopping: (5 of these) - Five different stores, with basic questions: “What would you buy?”, “If you bought everything how much would it cost?,” “If the store was having a ½ price sale, how much would ______ cost?” etc. The stores are: Monster Mall, School Supplies, Air Supply (airplane, rocket, balloon, etc.), Sports Shack, and Buy The Pound (fruit stand, with students buying fruit by the pound).
Is this available in a bundle?
Not at this time.
Do you have other products that are related?
Please check out all my money activities!
Other questions or requests?
Please contact me through the "Ask a Question " tab above or email me at Deirdre@evilmathwizard.com
. As always I ask that if you like what you see, to please leave feedback! Also, if you'd like to be notified when I add a new item to my store then please click on the "follow me" button.
Want to connect with Evil Math Wizard?
Visit my blog
for K-5 math tips and freebies you can use tomorrow in your classroom. You can also find me on Facebook