The Store Game: students will love this game!
1. Give each student the same amount of money.
2. Describe walking into the toy store. Make sure you take turns describing going down a girl's aisle and boy's aisle. Describe the toy you see to wet the students' desire for the toy (this part is important, it builds excitment). Then show picture of the toy and give price for the toy.
3. Students who want the toy, raise their hand. Student(s) who buys the toy must pay the correct amount to the teacher or cashier (you can print several copies of the toys so more than one student can buy it). If student has paid the correct amount the student gets the toy card. If not, the toy goes back on the shelf. If no one else buys the toy, make sure you sell it again later in the game to give the student who originally wanted it another chance of buyng it.
4. When all the money is gone the game is over.
5. There are a variety of ways this game can be played. Students can take turns being the cashier and be responsible for taking the correct amount of money or give the correct amount of change back. This can be played with any amount of money from pennies to a mixture of coins and bills!
6. I have included money you can print and laminate or you can use your classroom money.