This is a game that can be played with children who are learning about grocery shopping and using money.
The game has:
- A game board which can be printed and laminated (it could be enlarged if necessary).
- 8 bingo cards with food items on.
- Grocery cards to go with the bingo cards.
- Price cards. (These are duplicated so that you can either use cards for pence if you are playing in the UK or cents if you are playing in the US).
You will need the following additional resources to play the game:
- A counter for each player.
- A die.
- Some pretend money or real money (I prefer to use real money). Each player will need £5/$5 in change.
The aim of the game is for players to go around the game board buying food items to fill their bingo card before making their way to the central finish spot.
The game will help children to build on their knowledge of money and coins and start using them to pay for items and work out the change they need to receive.