The Mongols conquered the greatest area of any civilization or government in world history. Who were these people? What did other think of them? This document based question has been modified to be understood by 7th graders in Social Studies. I shortened the documents to fit on two pages, with one page left for a written response. I even left two blank lines following each document to annotate the most important information to brainstorm before writing an answer to the DBQ.
There are instructions to focus on the development of a clear thesis statement with support from the documents. This can be homework, or a guided lesson of how to extract key information with your students through each document on the overhead projector.
This is an excellent DBQ for students to evaluate varying point of views describing Mongols and Mongol leaders.
Try my TOP 6 Middle School History Resources in my HaugerHistory TPT Store!
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged