Do you cringe when a student or parent asks "Why is the grade a __?"...when the simple answer is homework/task/benchmark completion for a given unit or project. This monitoring chart keeps a running record of the assignments/tasks completed for a unit/project. Both the parent and student will be able to see how much is getting done by the due date.
In this download, you will get the monitoring chart in Publisher. You can edit the chart for your purpose. Note: even though you can personalize this MEL-Con, please do not remove my TPT copyright logo.Like this chart but don't have Publisher? Contact me about creating your personalized charts.
Provide this monitoring chart to students at the start of each unit/project. To increase effectiveness:
- Type individual assignments/tasks into boxes
- Put the calendar with due dates on the back side
- Put project rubric on back side
- Put unit learning targets on backside
- Print on colored paper or cardstock
- Have students attach to the final project so that it gets handed back with graded assignment
- Attach to graded test that is handed back
Have low motivation students? A second chart is included that has a "Get of a Jail (detention) spot that is worth extra credit points if not used.
Samples of this chart are included in this download for:
- Text-marking a novel
- Textbook homework completion (answering questions)
- Research Paper Benchmarks
Last row of monitoring chart is for book check or binder check (if needed).
Follow my store for updates, sales, and new downloads by clicking follow at the top of the page.
Please take a moment to leave me feedback after downloading this product. Remember - when you rate and comment on an item, you earn TPT credit, which is good for future purchases.
Thank you and happy teaching!!!