The intention of this study is to help readers to monitor their reading to make sure they are understanding. This unit will address common problems that students have as they read for longer periods of time and longer texts. These lessons are designed to help children learn how to spot the signals that their meaning is breaking down and provide them with tools to repair their comprehension.
Key Teaching Points:
• Monitoring my comprehension
• Listening to the inner conversation you have with a text
• Playing the movie in your mind
• My reading “camera” shut off! I need to repair it!
• Am I daydreaming while I read?
• Retelling the text
• How stories tend to go
• Losing track of characters
Please visit my literacy blog at:
Any feedback about this product would be appreciated.