This is an interactive sorting game for Toddlers, Preschool and Kindergarten. Print the monkey and fruit/vegetable page on cardstock. Paste the whole monkey page on an empty cereal box or piece of cardboard. Cut a slot in the mouth area big enough to push the cards through.
Use as a center or small group activity.
Ways to play:
• Sorting - direct children to put only a piece of fruit, or only vegetable in the monkey’s mouth. Direct to put all the fruit, or all the vegetables.
• Vocabulary – e.g. “Put the broccoli in the monkey’s mouth”.
• Colors – e.g. something green, something orange etc.
• Initial sounds – e.g. something beginning with “b”, or the sound “buh”.
• Counting - e.g. “Count 3 things into the monkey’s mouth”
Here is another fruit and vegetables sorting activity using large photo flashcards.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources