Learn to play Monopoly in Spanish! These pages provide you with a dynamic word bank that your students will reference not only for a Monopoly game but for terminology that they will need in the banking and finance world. The vocabulary in this unit will aid your students in the basics of purchases and money transactions. Social interaction is just as important as verb conjugation and grammar so let your students put their skills to use!
What is included:
• Bilingual alphabetized word bank
• Game rules and bilingual game terminology
• Two sided communication record keeping sheet for stickers or stamps
• 2 sets of fill-in worksheets; one cloze worksheet with complete
sentences, two word bank fill-in worksheets
• Answer keys formatted for the document camera or smartboard
• Teacher instructions and procedures
• Daily lesson plan suggestions
This version of Monopoly has the same rules and game play vocabulary as the bundled version without the complete banking and finance thematic reference. A simple version to begin students with the fundamentals of purchase transactions and number practice.
Simulate real-world social situations and utilize a fun and creative way to encourage your students to speak Spanish. Monopolio is the best and the worst of capitalism and since money is involved, your students will take this game to a whole new level. Consider that this is bilingual career preparation for your students who plan to make a career in banking and finance. If you have students who will job shadow at an accounting firm or in a bank, they at least will be ready with some bilingual interaction. This unit is where your students will get a "bang for their buck” out of all the number vocabulary that you taught them in the earlier levels.
Essential Skill Practice
- Banking and finance terminology
- Numbers 0 - Infinity
- Customary classroom dialogue in Spanish
- Social game conversation
- Purchasing and Shopping Transaction Questions
Thank you for returning to my store!
Please see my other resources below:
Canasta Card Game Terminology, Vocabulary and Rules
Bilingual Banking and Finance Activities
Colors and Numbers Fill In Activity Worksheet